ASSISTANT MANAGER GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGN AGENCY-Kampala Uganda
Killa Designs is a Graphic & Web Design Agency : International, Innovative, Cutting Edge, Kampala Based, requires the services of an ambitious, enthusiastic, goal-driven person to fill the role of Agency Assistant Manager reporting directly to the Agency Director.
Remuneration will be negotiable dependent upon past experience and assessment over a trial period with defined & achievable targets. The structure will be that of part fixed retainer and fixed % of all CURRENT and FUTURE income of the Agency. In addition, generous commissions and bonuses will be awarded for bringing in both new clients AND for supervision of Team Projects where Time Sensitive Deadlines MUST be met. There will be no ceiling or cap on the amount of commissions or bonuses that the applicant can attain.
ROLE : Notes Before.
The Role of Agency Assistant manager will require the successful applicant to initially, closely supervise the current Team and in particular, micro-manage the Senior Account Executive and the Administration Secretary whilst focusing on developing a stand-alone role as Assistant Manager. The Agency requires a goal driven, hard working, organised individual that can take ownership of this role in that they would ensure all responsibilities are either directly handled personally or delegated and monitored personally.
KEY INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTABILITY POINTS
1. The Agency Assistant Manager reports directly to the Agency Director.
2. The Agency Assistant Manager performs all tasks assigned by Agency Director.
3. The Agency Assistant Manager must develop a thorough knowledge of the Agency's policies and procedures so as to be able to service the Agency's Clients with 100% satisfaction within time-sensitive deadlines in an affordable manner that is manageable by both parties
4. The Agency Assistant Manager must represent in a professional and diligent manner, the Agency's senior management on a day-to-day basis.
5. The Agency Assistant Manager has 1 full time Senior Account Executive as well as 1 full time Administrative Assistant to utilise at their disposal to be able to fully execute all of their responsibilities. This resource must be fully utilised and as such, ability to delegate and supervise is of the utmost importance.
6. The Agency Assistant Manager must at all times act as the Agency's 'Team Leader' and 'Strategist' working on behalf of the directives form the Agency Director
7. The Agency Assistant Manager is expected to maintain an existing pre-determined MINIMUM GROSS REVENUE every month for the Agency by maintaining existing agreements and where possible, by up-selling within the pool of customers managed.
8. The Agency Assistant Manager must ensure the drafting of and issue of all existing client invoices and be responsible for delivery of invoices and supervision of timely payments and the banking there of.
9. The Agency Assistant Manager must keep the Agency Director fully informed at all times of all critical information.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AGENCY ASSISTANT MANAGER
1. Is directly responsible and fully accountable for the smooth running of the Agency Office as well as the performance of the Agency's Team and the seamless Service Delivery to Agency Clients.
2. Is to be constantly mindful that the Agency's role is to deliver turn-key COMPLETED solutions and as such, shall be responsible for 'going the extra mile' and regularly undertaking whatever tasks are required, REGARDLESS of whether or not those tasks fall within the duties of the Agency's Customer's Team or the Agency's Team.
3. As the Agency's 'Team Leader' and 'Strategist', The Agency Assistant Manager must communicate the Agency's Customers’ needs clearly to the Agency's Team and plan effectively to maximize Team Resources as well as the Time and the Energy that each department must expend to complete the required tasks at hand.
4. Must forward Agency's Customer requests to respective departments by accurately filling and submitting a comprehensive brief.
5. Must monitor the Agency's Team regarding their progress on jobs.
6. Must keep the clients and the Agency Director up to date in a REAL TIME as to the progress and estimated date of completion for finished deliverables.
7. Must creates & collate schedules and advise Project Teams of any delays or variances for either the Agency’s side or the Client’s side whilst keeping Client and Agency Director informed of critical information.
8. Must participate in daily & weekly Team & Customer Meetings to foster effective communication that would highlight positive actions and reduce potential negative issues from developing and further, should ensure that reports are circulated from meetings to key stakeholders.
9. To continue the Agency's Mission and Vision to establish and maintain long-term relationships with Agency's Customers.
10. To identify and uncover potential sales leads by way of incoming enquiries, current client referrals and via business networking and any feasible opportunities and to do so in the shortest, most time efficient manner possible.
11. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the Agency's Organisation as well as the Agency's Clients' Organisation.
12. The Account Executive / Agency Assistant Manager is responsible to ensure the punctuality of the Agency's Team Members and thus micro-manage and monitor the ongoing Human Resources Files for Team Members whilst enforcing Contractual Obligations of the Team both individually and as a whole.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
1. Proven ability to manage multiple Team members and Projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
2. Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
4. Should be able to display experience and on-going examples in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
5. Should be able to identify new business leads and be proactive to respond to said leads wither personally or by supervising the Senior Account Executive.
6. Should be able to bring new ideas for the continuity of the business.
7. Very important to ensure that the organisation maintains happy, satisfied clients.
8. Ensure that all official incoming calls are picked up on time by the Administration Secretary or those team members allocated to said task and that all calls should always be replied to in a timely manner, likewise for all electronic communications.
9. Ensure that in conjunction with the Administration Secretary, that the Agency Bank Accounts are maintained and all entries of incoming and outgoing income/expenses are recorded and reconciled on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
10. Ensure that in conjunction with the Accounts Assistant, that all supplier's payments and arrangements are managed and facilitated so as to ensure seamless service delivery to Agency Clients with zero interference or interruptions to delivery.
11. The Account Executive / Agency Assistant Manager is required to report to work slightly before 8am to ensure that all Team Members arrive and are ready to report for duty by 8am sharp on a daily basis Monday to Friday.
12. The Account Executive / Agency Assistant Manager is required to supervise the Team handing in Daily Afternoon reports and the correct shutting down procedure of all computers and screens. As such, departure time from office shall be after slightly after 6pm on a daily basis Monday to Friday.
Applications shall be treated with the utmost confidentiality and should be forwarded to The Agency Director via email Killa@KillaDesigns.co
GRAPHIC DESIGNER POSITION-Kampala Uganda
Primary usage of Adobe Illustrator CS5/6 with some Photoshop CS5/6
Illustrator requirements listed in order of priority
- Ability to create posters and layouts by using a combination of the basic tools within Illustrator
- Creating Type
- Understanding how to utilise the character tools such as paragraph, vertical & horizontal type spacing (kernelling)
- Understanding the use of stroke, transparency, alignment etc.
- Understanding how to utilise type tools such as TABS to correctly align in a column e.g. prices for a restaurant menu
- Applying effects and filters to type and objects such as drop shadows, glow etc.
- Placing photos and images
- Clipping photos and images to set shapes / sizes
- Creating pre-set shapes such as squares, rectangles, circles, ovals and star bursts
- Utilizing stock images and stock illustration patterns
- Drawing custom shapes and Bezier curves using the drawing / pen tool (used when drawing logos from scratch, tracing the shape and features of a car etc.). See the following example: http://www.khulsey.com/adobe-illustrator-paths-pen-tool.html
- Understanding and competently using of the gradient tool for use with backgrounds and effects blended into shapes and letter styles
- Understanding of pathfinder tool used to clip and create various shapes
- Understanding of editable versus saved for print with all text converted to curves/outlines, what bleed and trim marks mean and how to save documents with bleed and trim marks
Photoshop requirements listed in order of priority
- Understanding of image size and canvas size e.g. how to size images and crop canvas area to present the best frame of content.
- Ability to trace/cut objects e.g. a person out of background and save as PSD or PNG with transparent background.
- Knowledge of the uses and benefits of jpg, gif, png, psd.
- Understanding the various functions and benefits of FILE SAVE, FILE SAVE AS, and FILE SAVE FOR WEB-jpg/gif/png.
- Understanding of adjustments to levels, brightness, contrast, colour etc. to lift the appearance of an image.
- Knowledge of effects such as Gaussian blur, motion blur and how to apply them to create various effects.
- Knowledge of how to use brush tool for colouring in of an area or covering over unwanted blemishes within an image.
- Understanding of the clone tool to correct blemishes and add/fill extended areas such as creating a wider image of a sky with clouds etc., or extending more grass within a picture of a plot.
- Ability to use the erase tool with brushes to fade images and create transition from solid image to transparent.
- Understanding usage of batch and actions. How to apply an automated action to a single file or how to apply/batch an action to a folder of files.
Optional (preferred) requirements in order of priority
- Know how to define a site, what that term means and how it relates to linking to images.
- Know how to add text and format the look and feel using bold, italic, font, size etc.
- Have the ability to hyperlink text and images, and be able to open in the same or a new window
- Have an understanding of how to create and modify tables, merge cells, format content alignment to left, right, centre, top, bottom middle etc.
- Understanding of styling using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) how to apply style sheets to a webpage or entire website to style text and images, table etc. ability to create and edit existing style.css and menu.css files.
Welcomed bonus knowledge in order of priority
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization, meta descriptions, keywords and how to optimize content to match optimal/valuable key search phrases page by page.
- Understanding of social media & various cross-over applications to involve a website with LIKE buttons and activity feeds from Facebook, how to link Facebook accounts to Twitter etc.
- Understanding of Drupal Content Management System websites, how to edit them and how to configure modules and various plug-ins.
- Understanding of MailChimp eNewsletter interface, how to construct newsletter templates using on-line tools as well as fine tuning with Dreamweaver and editing code etc.
DRUPAL PROGRAMMER WEB DEVELOPER POSITION-Kampala Uganda
- Primary usage of browser based configuration of modules and .tpl files etc.
- Some PHP editing using text editor and Dreamweaver
Skill-Set Requirements listed in order of priority
- Understanding of Drupal Content Management System websites, how to edit them and how to configure modules and various plug ins
- Knowledge and understanding on how to edit PHP code in .tpl.php and other files
- Experience and understanding of styling using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) how to apply style sheets to a webpage or entire website to style text and images, tables etc. ability to create and edit existing style.css and menu.css files
- General Photoshop experience, enough to enable sizing and optimising for web to create light files to be used within Drupal CMS pages and within Dreamweaver tables
Welcomed Bonus Knowledge listed in order of priority
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization, meta descriptions, keywords and how to optimise content to match optimal/valuable key search phrases page by page
- Understanding of social media & various cross-over application to involve a website with LIKE buttons and activity feeds from Facebook, how to link Facebook accounts to Google Plus, YouTube and Twitter, etc.
- Understanding of MailChimp eNewsletter interface, how to construct newsletter templates using on-line tools as well as fine-tuning with Dreamweaver, editing code etc.
- Any of the items listed in the Graphic Designer position in the following order of software experience;
SOCIAL MEDIA MAXIMISER POSITION - Kampala Uganda
We need a full time person to manage and oversee our Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Google Plus, Pinterest and LinkedIn as well as our client's pages. Your role is to maximise brand loyalty, keep ahead of all the latest trends, use social media to retain consumer interest, and drive significant traffic to our websites and our client's websites.
SEO SPECIALIST POSITION - Kampala, Uganda
We need a full time person to manage and oversee the SEO of our own websites as well as our client's pages. Your role is to maximise SEO, keep ahead of all the latest trends, use SEO to position us and our clients to gain consumer interest, and drive significant traffic to our websites and our client’s websites by optimising each of ours and our client’s website pages. Copywriting skills will give you a definite advantage for this role.
OFFICE WORKFLOW MANAGER POSITION - Kampala Uganda
We need a full time person to manage and oversee the workflow in our busy office. Your role is to oversee client’s requests as well as ensure that the team is executing all tasks in a timely manner and that the client is notified of proofs and completed work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proof reading
- Monitoring of graphic designers and web updaters who will be carrying out various print and web jobs
- Checking thoroughly that client's requests have been fully met by the designers
- Keeping track of the time taken for each job in order to invoice clients accurately
- Searching on Google for required images
- Formatting content ready for upload
- Stylizing web pages using Word style editors, e.g. bold, Italics, underlining, colouring, sizing text, etc.
eNewsletter SPECIALIST POSITION - Kampala, Uganda
We need a full-time person to manage and oversee the electronic mail outs / database management using 3rd party providers such as Constant Contact and MailChimp. Your role will require advanced level understanding of Dreamweaver and the ability to use Dreamweaver-like online editing tools to create and send attractive looking templates for our clients with alt tags correctly filled, descriptions of images correctly filled and links correctly structured to maximise impact for our client’s customers. Applicants should be highly motivated to excel in their chosen field and be able to work supervised or unsupervised. We are looking for individuals that are innovative and able to think for themselves as equally as adhering to a list of do’s and don’ts.
Our Working Hours
Our Office Hours are:
8am til 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
8am til 1pm Saturday.
Consideration given for trainees still attending university. Opportunities for over-time and bonuses on large projects also available. We only hire full time team members, never part-time, not interested in consultancy based workers. Please don't waste your time and ours by requesting part time for remote consultant positions that are not availed.
Join The Winning Team
We prefer the term 'Team' rather than 'Staff'. Working with Killa Designs gives you an opportunity to showcase your existing talent whilst allowing you to further your skill-set with a wide variety of high-end projects covering digital and traditional media.
Our Design Studio
We have a very modern, comfortable office located close to the city centre (Kampala) with high speed Internet, the latest Adobe Software, high quality Apple Macintosh MacBook Pro Laptops with additional large screens, all featuring anti-glare for ease on the eyes. User friendly work stations with wireless mouse and keyboards, ergonomic ventilated chairs, quality furnishings in a open plan, relaxed environment for optimum seating and working positions.
Applicants should be highly motivated to excel in their chosen field and be able to work supervised or unsupervised. We are looking for individuals that can be innovative, think for themselves and adhere to a list of do’s and don’ts.
HOW TO APPLY
Email (do not phone) your application with C.V. + .jpg examples of your abilities to the General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not call!